Monday, August 25, 2008

Beautiful August Day

Is a good day to remember how happy I was to see my first bloom on our moonflower plant. Or as it is called,Angel's Trumpet or Datura. I had collected seeds and plants since Mom passed in 1995 and no matter what none would ever grow so I gave up. Until a couple months back one of our area djs announced a nursery was giving away free plant if you visited. Yep,i got right in my Jeep and headed up there,didn't want to be cheap so also got a couple succulents to plant around the pond. Asked about the free plant,well,the cashier told me to take an entire flat! I happily brought it home,planted them all over then returned the plastic flat. They were shocked as nobody does that. They asked if I wanted anymore plants so said sure,could share with my girls-this time I ended up leaving with 2 flats!! Am pleased to report now we have them blooming all over,and the one by our backdoor is flourishing,have lost track of the number of flowers it has produced and many more to come yet. So I guess it paid off to wait,as I have them to enjoy. If you have never smelled them at nite,you are missing a special treat! I will gladly share seeds with anyone who requests .

1 comment:

Cora Zane said...

Oh beautiful! I'm glad you were able to make them grow. :)